iHome - Loan, Mortgage and Property Tools app for iPhone and iPad
7402 ratings )
Current version: 1.6
, last update: 1 year ago
First release : 19 Feb 2009
App size: 1.27 Mb
iHome is a extremely powerful and easy to use Loan, Auto, Mortgage and Property analysis tool.
Browse through screenshots to get an idea of what you can do with iHome. Makes Loan/Property analysis fun!
"Stands out in its category" 5 Star
"Seriously good job" 5 Star
"Polished Product" 4 Star
Thanks for the comments and feedback, iHome is constantly being improved and features added based on users request. Please leave feedback or send emails to contact link. All emails are answered within 24hrs.
- Detailed Loan Analysis
- Property Analysis (Equity/LVR)
- Email results (via Contacts or Manual entry), including printer friendly Graphs and tables.
- Graphical Loan Comparisons support for (Monthly, Total Paid/Interest, Payout and more).
- Mortgage Glossary Localized for USA
- Auto Loans with Balloon payments, Credit Cards, Fixed Rate etc.
- Full Help manual provided explaining all screens and tutorial showing various loan/property scenarios
- Loan and Property defaults can be set
- Large Easy to use numeric entry and exaplanation of all fields.
- Amortization screen shows year summaries, emailed Amortization shows even more.
- Loan/Property Summary Screen shows Payments and pie chart representing breakdown
- Copy, Compare delete multiple loans from Summary screen
- International Currency Support
Loan Analysis Features
- Tap Loan Graph to see Bar, Shaded or Line to understand Principal/Interest Portions
- Each Loan can have inbuilt Compare rate to quickly calculate change in payments on variable loans
- Supports Multiple Payment and Compound Frequencies (Canada set automatically) (from 1-52 Payments per year)
- Supports Extra period and Lump sum payments
- Supports Fees and Charges (Annual,Upfront,Discharge,Monthly)
- Supports Interest Free Loans
- Supports Split Loans eith Interest Only or Fixed,Variable portions
- Supports Early Payout/Balloon Payments
- Compare Loans and "tweak" variable and instantly see changes in easy to understand graphs
- Calculate True effective rate of loan (APR) based on "real" cost.
Property Analysis Features
- Attach multiple Loans to Property
- Calculate LVR against Loan
- Calculate Equity vs Loan over a Certain Period
- Graphically shows Equity vs Loan Balance
- Amortization Screen shows Loan at any period.
- Email a rich HTML file with embedded graphs and extra detail in Amortization (payment,principal,Interest,Fees,Balance) in printer friendly format.
- Glossary screens explain Mortgage terms for each localised region
- Help Screens cleary explain how to setup each scenario
Please contact development for any feedback, suggestions.
Pros and cons of iHome - Loan, Mortgage and Property Tools app for iPhone and iPad
iHome - Loan, Mortgage and Property Tools app good for
I was very pleased by the professional appearence of the application. It works just great for me.
The support is very good. I got a reply to my setup problem within minutes (on Sunday!!!). Great.
Extremely well-made and visually appealing. A wealth of information in this app. Highly recommended for anyone planning to buy a home.
Wow. Have tried two others that were pathetic . Easy to use instantly,input hints great, yes does Canuck calcs, great comparison features of loans and investment purchases,easy to duplicate 2nd loan with copy and all this before reading the tutorial, email function lets me send summary to clients ( not sure why graph doesnt show up,when it does if I read email on iPhone?)
As added feature, it would be nice to have calculator inside or auto calc for say downpay ie rather than amt, enter 5 percent of p price but well worth the money with extras (I could be a real evangelist at 99 cents)...
To the developers June 18 2009
I suspect there isnt anything I can do but I bought your app (and gave you the above review) but my phone jammed / locked and apple replaced it ( nothing to do with your or anyone elses apps) and apple replaced my phone before I had syced / saved your app to my iTunes
I guess there is no way of getting my app back without repaying? I. Think you have my email from previous correspondence
best appl ever for the Canadian mortgage market, love the way i can do different payments frequency and compounding periods, love the comparasion feature, being able to store and input datas and cal paymenst on fly is well worth the price.
As an improvement would lobe to be able to export data to keynot to include in presentation and excel. that would be awsome.
This is by far the best mortgage app on the iPhone! Great if your on the business. Tons of options and a nice breakdown you can email your clients!
Highly recommended to anyone who has a loan or is considering one. The graphs it generates really illustrates the damaging effects of interest. Well worth the price.
Some bad moments
Bought this app while ago and this latest version crashes consistently on my ipad and iphone 4. I can reproduce the problem and is very annoying as you loose all the data you were working with. Not recommended at this time
This app continually crashes, rendering it useless.
Save your money.
I do really believe that this app was intended to be professional. The main reason why I bought this app is for the amortization schedule it produced once you emailed it. The email purpose of this is a good thought, but after testing it several times there is no way the email looks professional. The schedule doesnt look like what app is it supposed to look like. When looking at the schedule all the numbers are scrambled together. I would not email any client or anyone else at that matter. Great thought and I support your efforts, But if you are looking to print or email a decent copy of a schedule then I would not suggest buying this. Maybe an update... but till then I wouldnt spend the money to get something not worth it. Sorry guys but still not there for the $3. Wish you the best of luck.
Edit: after several hours of playing with different email programs, Outlook, Gmail, Entourage... I found that Entourage was the only one that doesnt work with this app. Therefore, I will give one more star. however, I have to take back the start cause how the app is sent via email. The email function should come from your own personally account not one setup by the creator of the app. This information should be private to the sender and who it is from. Thus there should be no way a third party can view the email. Hopefully support could contact me with some more info but till then I wouldnt suggest anyone emailing through a 3rd party email. but i do with you the best of luck. Thanks
Wont work for me. The screen shots make it look better then it is.